Capella's Guide to Atheism Posting Guidelines
If you've tried to post something and it hasn't appeared within 24 hours, it could be that I'm on vacation or temporarily away for a few days. If so, then it could possibly appear within a few days so check back.
Otherwise if I rejected your comment for some reason, I will try to email you to explain why.
Note that if you've lied about your email address I will have no way to communicate why I rejected your post whether it was because of the invalid email address or for some other reason.
Also, blogging websites get a tremendous amount of auto generated comments that are spam. To combat these spams, a spam filter is in place. It's remotely possible that the spam filter may recognize some string pattern in a comment posted and mark it as spam and I'll never see it.
1) Please don’t lie about your email address. I promise it won’t appear anywhere or be made available to spammers.
2) Please don’t spam. No website addresses or emails in the body of the comment.
If you try to promote your website it may get kicked out by the spam filter and if it doesn't I will kick it out myself.
3) Please make comments specific to the subject of the article you are reading.
4) Please try to keep the comment brief and to the point.
1) Please don’t commit “drive by evangelism.”
Many Christians lie about their email address and then proceed to leave “how to be saved” or “you’re all going to hell” paragraphs that have nothing to do with the subject of the article.
Please don't try to incorporate or sneak any kind of evangelism into your comment. There are countless other outlets for you to evangelize on the internet. Obviously an atheism website is not a valid one. Remember that the end does not justify the means.
2) Please be respectful to me and to others
I know some of these articles can be very offensive to religious people but please keep in mind that this is an atheism website, not a Christian website. Think of it as my home. If it were your home, you wouldn’t want someone coming in your house to insult you or accuse you of things would you?
I doubt there are many religious websites that would allow atheists to come in and post at all much less let atheists place posts that bad mouth Christians.
3) Please don’t be redundant
Before posting an argument, please try to read the comments that have already been posted. Many religious people want to post the same arguments that others have posted over and over even though they've already been addressed many times.
4) If you assert information that is not well known, I may write you and ask for online references before I post your comment.
5) Please don't insert links to Christian, Creationism, or other religious websites.
Obviously on an atheism website such links are spam.
6) Please don't insert email addresses into the body of your comment.
7) Please be brief and to the point
Just want to emphasize this again because many religious people try to post paragraphs of comments, sometimes having little or nothing to do with the article. Please try to keep your argument very brief and please state arguments to the article to which you are posting.